Rental Services Territory Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2019
As a Rental Services Territory Manager your primary objective is to help Caterpillar Dealers grow their Rental Services revenue and profit as well as the Caterpillar product sales in their rental fleets.
This requires a high level of business acumen, with the ability to conduct strategic discussions with the dealer upper management (CEO, CFO, COO, Marketing Director) and to drive tactical execution with dealer Rental Services teams (operational excellence, sales tactics, product training, etc.), all of which in very diverse cultures.
You will assist dealers in designing and executing winning business strategies to enter the Rental Services business or to grow their existing business. You will help dealers in achieving rental operational excellence and unmatched customer experience. You will conducting detailed analysis of the dealer's market, competition, active customer base, go-to-market positioning and fleet mix, and making appropriate recommendations. This position has a direct impact on dealer profitability and on the resulting Caterpillar machines (new and used), work tools and services sales, with a strong focus on Building & Construction Products (<10t). This field-based assignment requires deep rental services industry knowledge, construction machinery expertise and a very strong sales and business acumen.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct regular market and competitive analysis and identify growth opportunities with the dealers.
- Support Caterpillar dealers in designing growth strategies with detailed execution road maps and success metrics (as per the Caterpillar Rental Strategy).
- Use available tools to conduct rental fleet performance analysis and reshape fleets to maximize economical performance.
- Understand machines and work tools applications and recommend segmented rental offerings to maximize dealer Percent Of Rental Opportunity.
- Design Annual Business Plans for Caterpillar machines sales and design tactics to reach / exceed Caterpillar sales on a monthly basis.
- Work with other Caterpillar divisions to execute corporate processes and reach business objectives: supply chain (Sales & Operations Planning), pricing, product support and aftermarket solutions, technology & digital, Caterpillar Finance, Caterpillar Insurance, etc.
- Apply previous experience and knowledge to help dealers reach Rental Services operational excellence.
- Counsel dealers on methods to improve rental productivity measures. Evaluate individual dealer performance, and develop appropriate recommendations to optimize dealer participation in the rental opportunity for the assigned service territory.
- Evaluate the training needs of dealer rental operations staff and leverage existing materials and resources to satisfy those training requirements. Includes the use of Industry and Product Specialist for Cat and Allied equipment as well as the training curriculum housed on the Cat Rental College.
- Utilize the established rental operational and financial benchmarks in order to measure the health of the dealer’s rental business.
- Counsel dealers on rental operations information systems including advantages, shortcomings and implementation plans.
- Leverage the Caterpillar resources to counsel dealers on operational process improvement opportunities that will contribute to achieving a superior level of customer satisfaction and improved profitability in rental operations.
- Improve dealer rental fleet integrity and growth based on profitability.
- Counsel dealers on an optimal rental roll-out strategy, maximizing dealer profitability.
- Insure the health of the Caterpillar Rental Store during the General Construction Distribution deployment.
* Travel 25% to 40% (60 to 100 days of travel).
- A college or university degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years job related experience in earth moving equipment sales and international distribution network development.
- 10+ year experience in Rental Services operations
- Good understanding of Asset Management and Finance in a rental environment.
- Strong leadership and team work capabilities to drive business results in a matrix environment
- Ability to work independently, build trust with management, report progress regularly
- Ability to develop very strong relationship with Caterpillar dealers
- Fluent in English and at least one other language
- Knowledge of Caterpillar products, policies, and procedures