- Monthly Book closure -Guide the team in US/ PRC GAAP Legal entity closings and general accounting for ledger/ legal entity.
- Financial analysis - Review of financial analysis and confirm the financial results for Pre T con.
- Approval- Journal entries (complex) - Provides guidance to the team in processing normal to medium complexity journal entries. Approval of normal to medium complexity journal entries provided by business units and team members.
- Monthly Reconciliations - Approval of reconciliations of medium to high complexity relating to balance sheet. Guiding the team on requirements and assists the team in complex reconciliations.
- Audit coordination - Review of financials and coordination with statutory auditors for ensuring timely provision of information as well as coordination with internal teams for timely providing documents for audits. Resolving audit questions and managing discussions with audit managers with respect to preparation and presentation of financials.
- Process improvement projects -Gain deep expertise in the functional area and implement continuous process improvements through various techniques like LEAN, Six Sigma etc. as well as use of data analytical tools.
- Management information support - Review and supervise to ensure various management information requests from corporate like 10k/10q, etc and other service requests from business units are provided timely and accurately.
- Managing people - Supervises a team and their related workload, prioritizes projects, assigns and reviews work, and controls the daily operating environment. Evaluates and reports on staff performance, participates in employee selection and promotes team rewards and successes.
- Managing Expectations - Communicates effectively within the team and with internal and external customers and data providers. Understands and manages customer requirements and expectations and Serves as liaison between customer, team and data providers.
- Alignment of Team goals - Creates and maintains a workforce that lives by the Caterpillar Values. Sets appropriate goals for functions in scope that are aligned with Caterpillar’s strategy and vision.
- Business knowledge -Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of Caterpillar’s businesses, products, suppliers and customers.
- Compliance - Ensures compliance with enterprise procedures and governance, etc.
* 4 year Degree in Accounting or equivalent
* 5 to 7 years Accounting management experience
* Demonstrated success and progression in previously held accounting positions
* Demonstrated excellence in Leadership, Initiative, Communication, Interpersonal, Analytical, Decision Making and Problem Solving skills
* Professional Certification (Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or equivalent)
* Accounting experience at a large public accounting firm or a Fortune 500 company
* MBA or Masters Degree in Accounting (or equivalent)