Job Title: Senior Staff Accountant – Legal Entity
Salary: £44,000 - £56,000 depending on experience
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, 12% Bonus, Private Medical (employee only family can be added) Share Scheme (50% Company Matched), Contributory Pension Scheme (Contribution double by Company up to 10%), Free Car Parking, Caterpillar Advantage website (discount & deals website)
Hours: Full Time - 37.50
Travel: Minimal but some global as and when required
Relocation/Sponsorship: Relocation will be considered for the right candidate within the UK, Sponsorship is not supported with this role
Closing Date: Wednesday 13th February
Job Reference: 19000094
Will flexible working be considered: Yes, it will be considered
Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three primary segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
Within the Product Support & Logistics Division you will be in the Steel Products Business Unit which currently includes Operations facilities on 3 continents. The European manufacturing footprint is composed by Italy and UK plants and among them is Caterpillar Skinningrove Ltd, located near Teesside. CSL began operations in 1997. The facility produces steel track shoes 'Cat track' found on Hydraulic Excavators, Track Type Loaders and Track Type Tractors. The automated manufacturing operations include the following equipment and processes; Robotics, steel cutting, Shearing , Machining, heat treatment, and painting. The site covers an area of approximately 5,000 square metres.
As a Senior Staff Accountant at Caterpillar, you will manage the statutory and fiscal duties of the facility as the legal entity. You will independently perform accounting functions which require preparation, analysis and communication of issues of normal to high complexity that support Caterpillar business processes.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Internal management accounting, including profit center and component business unit reporting
- Estimating various forecast and budget scenarios as needed based on changing business conditions
- Presentation and explanation of results to management
- Determining Internal Rate of Return (IRR) for complex major capital investment projects
- NPI support including future cost, should cost, alternative analyses and strategy
- OPACC determination & analysis
- Financial accounting including preparation of journal entries, financial statements, variance analysis, and account reconciliations
- Inventory accounting and standard cost revision
- Development and maintenance of internal controls, including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) control documentation
- Interaction with shared services and UK legal entities for day-to-day reporting questions or concerns
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- Good usage of MS Office tools, in particular Excel advanced
- Part qualified in CIMA, ACCA or ACA or working towards
- Previous experience in Reconciliations and general accounting (journals / prepayments and accruals / netting / interco), UK Statutory closing, external audits management
- Demonstrate initiative, leadership, good judgment and accountability
- Demonstrate very good communication skills
- Ability to balance a complex workload and at times a conflicting workload (supporting both Accounting and Facility leadership)
- Self-starter who is able to work independently with a direct supervisor outside the UK
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting but we will consider Finance, Business Administration and/or Economics
- Qualified in CIMA, ACCA or ACA
- Previous experience in US GAAP accounting, GLS closing activity, Sarbanes Oxley exposure and Process Control knowledge
- ERP system (MFG-Pro) usage capabilities
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
To apply for this position please visit Log onto Caterpillar Careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/en/careers) > Careers > Search and apply > Experienced Professionals > paste the job number from then advert into the search box and then follow the application process.