This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Date Posted: Feb 21, 2019
Job Purpose: This position is responsible to support high integrity financial reporting in accordance with U.S. GAAP including strong internal control environment in accordance with SOX regulations and applicable local statues like Internal Finance Controls etc. in the day to day discharge of duties.
• Self-starter - Able to quickly learn and perform day to activities independently. Should quickly step up to handle more complex activities with minimal supervisor support.
• Process Driven - Should follow process and invest sufficient time in documentation of the process with focus on attention to detail.
• Monthly Book closure -Independently handle US GAAP Legal entity closings and general accounting for one or more ledgers/ legal entities spread across Asia pacific region.
• Financial analysis -Financial statement preparation and analysis including variance analysis, gross margin analysis and forex impact analysis. Should present and explain the monthly financial analysis to business support managers.
• Accounting Journal entries (Medium to complex) - Performing journal entries for a) Inventory accounting including FIFO computation, inventory valuation, inventory and inventory reporting b) Revenue accounting- Revenue recognition, Service fee recharge, licence fee calculations & warranty accruals. c) Accrual accounting - General accrual, Incentive accrual, Accrual for after sales discounts, Employee benefit accounting including pension accounting, defined benefit plan accounting d) General accounting - Account reclass, Profit center reclass and other entries requested by business units.
• Monthly Reconciliations - Preparation of reconciliations of medium and High complexity relating to balance sheet. Follow up on open reconciliations items and update management of aged recon items. Prepare explanation and follow up on intercompany discrepancy.
• Audit Support -Statutory audit support including preparation of schedules with relevant supporting documents. Resolving audit questions and managing discussions with audit team members and audit supervisors.
• Process improvement projects -Gain deep expertise in the functional area and ideate and implement continuous process improvements through various techniques like LEAN, Six Sigma etc. as well as use of data analytical tools.
• Management information requests - Support on various questions and information requests from business units and also corporate accounting team like Annual insurable reporting, Support on notes to 10k and 10Q, Global tax information package, etc.
• Cross functional team work -Work with multiple corporate systems and in-house applications to obtain information and perform impact analysis on the same. Understands the needs of the operating business units and partners with them to provide quality financial services.