This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Beijing, 11, China
Date Posted: Feb 14, 2019
As a Sales Support Specialist at Caterpillar, you will support achievement of the annual Business Plan (PINS/profit). You will monitor the business and generate recommendations that contribute to both the short-term and long-term initiatives of these plans. You will support a product family or an industry segment to contribute to sales growth leading to strategic advantage for the division’s long-term marketing leadership.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may
include, but are not limited to:
* Learn and assist others, while building sales support knowledge.
* Learn to become a commercial support resource for the district reps and dealers.
* Become increasingly familiar with the company’s processes, systems and methodologies.
* Meet expectations to deliver results, learn to consider alternative courses of actions, make timely decisions and develop communication skills.
* Accountable for training, marketing messages, merchandising programs, sales variance, competitive analysis, sales forecast.
* Consult with the product groups, districts and dealers to develop and implement customer solutions designed to maximize product value and price.
* Act as a product and commercial support resource with key focus on a specific product family or specific industries/applications.
* Support and consultancy; basic product and application knowledge, end-user critical requirements, general knowledge of competitive analysis, market needs, growth opportunities and merchandising plans.
* Learn and develop into an industry supporting staff over the course of 2 - 3 years.
* Represent division on sales issues relating to the products/markets; implement the new product marketing activities.
* Represent the division on issues related to the products and overall commercial performance in territory.
* Be point of contact for the business unit and product groups.
* Support sales efforts initiated by districts and have input on overall sales support programs.
* Support districts and dealers at shows, customer programs, basic product training and other district sales initiatives.
* A college degree or equivalent with minimum 2 years of Caterpillar and/or industry experience, and completion of Caterpillar pre-field marketing training program.
* Basic understanding of the commercial side of the business and how the dealer network functions.
* Sound commercial judgment, analytical skills, and communication skills, along with a basic understanding of the product line, dealer organization, and customers.
* Able to work independently and communicate effectively with Caterpillar personnel, dealers and customers.
* Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.