This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peterborough, CAM, United Kingdom
Date Posted: Feb 16, 2019
Job Title: Data Analyst - Digital Platform Support
Location: Peterborough, Cambs (+ Adhoc travel)
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000 (Depending on experience)
Benefits: 10% Bonus
25 Days Annual Leave
Contributory Pension Scheme
Contributory Share Scheme
CAT Advantage (Discounted Website Access)
With a history stretching back more than 80 years, Perkins Engines is one of the world’s leading providers of diesel and gas engines. Since December 1997, Perkins Engines has been part of Caterpillar. We aim to set standards of engineering excellence, providing the most comprehensive range of innovative and reliable power solutions, tailored to meet the precise requirements of our customers.
If you’re a problem solver and can lose sense of time in data, then this is a great opportunity to join the Perkins Aftermarket team as a Data Analyst. In this role you’ll be expected to take responsibility for a large-scale data migration project enabling our expanding customers base to continue business as usual for a new line of products.
Additionally, you’ll be working within the Digital Platform team and getting involved with our eStrategy journey, working with a cross functional team to maximise our customer experience at every online touch point.
You’ll need to deploy and use advance analytics, model data, understanding and execute the migration activities. Reporting to the Digital Platform Manager, you will be required to report out to peers and stakeholders on challenges, resolutions and progress, as well as communicate to our customers directly as required.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Primary data analyst for our large-scale data migration
• Supporting our aftermarket business systems team in data availability, accuracy and accessibility
• Supporting the Digital Analytics lead with executing the customer data roadmap, publishing monthly analytics insights to management and core teams, using such insight to drive marketing and platform enhancements
• Support the implementation and use of our marketing automation platform
• Proving customer support to resolve data issues as they arise
Essential Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Advance excel knowledge and demonstrable experience
• Experience with VBA programming
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a self-starter
• Excellent presentational skills and story-telling ability - you’ll be able to adapt your style to your audience
• Strong customer focus and ability to communicate complex solutions clearly both internally and externally
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Scripting & Statistical language such as Python and SAS
• Good understanding of data relationships across platforms for data integrity and accuracy
• Excellent communicator with experience interfacing between business and technical teams up and down the managerial structure
• Managing data projects
• Practical experience of digital analytics solutions (Google Analytics, Alteryx, Tableau and/or other tools / platforms)