For over 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2015 sales and revenues of $47.011 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
As an Electrician at Caterpillar, Inc., you will be responsible for building, installing, and repairing electrical components used on machine tools and plant equipment. You will use your technical knowledge to troubleshoot and repair complex electrical equipment.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Electrically troubleshoot and repair complex machine tools and related equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair relay logic machines and CNC/PLC controlled machines
- Apply knowledge of electronic circuits to locate defects using instruments
- Test faulty equipment
- Calibrate and service electronic testing instruments
- Support electrical aspects of new equipment installations
This position is located at the Caterpillar foundry facility located in Mapleton, Il. The pay for this position starts at $28.37/hr plus a .60 cent night shift premium for 2nd or 3rd shift. Opportunity for overtime may be available based on demand.
- Experience maintaining electrical equipment in an industrial environment.
- Experience with troubleshooting and repairing CNC/PLC controlled machines.
- Experience with AC/DC analog and digital drives.
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate or higher proficiency in reading and interpreting machine tool prints/schematics
- Basic mechanical skills
- Ability to operate basic tools to complete the job
- Demonstrate comprehension of oral instructions and/or printed work orders to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs
- Satisfactorily demonstrate proficiency in electrical theory and application relating to plant operations equipment
- Must pass the color blindness test
- Must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces
Top candidates will also have:
- Electrician certification
- Self-starter and self motivated individual who works well individually in a team environment
- Willingness to work overtime to support production demands
- Positions available on 2nd or 3rd shift
- No relocation reimbursement is offered
- This position is located at the Caterpillar foundry facility located in Mapleton, Il. The pay for this position starts at $27.49/hr plus a .60 cent night shift premium for 2nd shift. Opportunity for overtime may be available based on demand.
- Full time with full benefits
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the spam/junk folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers