COLLABORATE WITH THE BEST
Tackle projects with smart, engaged team members who will help you reach the next level in your career. Our teams treat each other—as well as customers—with integrity, accountability and courtesy. Our employees have built Caterpillar’s reputation as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies” (Fortune Magazine), “40 Best Companies for Leaders” (Chief Executive Magazine) and a “Top 50 Employer” (Woman Engineer Magazine).
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for a Logistics Engineer located in the Seguin, TX area. As a Logistics Engineer you will be responsible for leading or supporting the proposal, design, and implementation of all related logistics processes, machinery & equipment, storage concepts, among other things for Cat Parts or Integrated Logistics Services projects. This position will be in support of facilities in the Southwest region and reports to the Logistics Engineering Manager responsible for Americas.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Design and implement successful logistics solutions
- Utilize technical skills and soft skills described below
- Technical skills are defined in 7 key skills: data purification & analysis; warehouse storage design & manufacturing point-of-use (POU) design; machinery & equipment design and procurement; workforce & equipment planning; logistics process design; inventory transfer & rearrangement planning; and integrating supply chain knowledge into warehouse design
- Must demonstrate intermediate to strong skill levels of the following values based competencies (VBCs): integrity & trust; building inclusive relationships; customer focus; problem solving; priority setting; and dealing with uncertainty.
- Responsible for leading the design and implementation of logistics projects for greenfield or brownfield sites OR providing support to other Logistics Engineers on similar projects
- Lead Jr. Logistics Engineers on projects with a capital budget of up to US$1,000,000 and an expense budget of up to US$250,000
- Provide support to Sr. Logistics Engineers on projects of any size
- Lead 1 complex project, 2 simple projects, or support for up to 3 projects at one time
- Ability to gain knowledge about the local WMS system and can integrate this into the overall design of the facility
Although the requirements above describe most of the responsibilities of the analyst, due to the breadth of issues that arise on projects, it is sometimes expected that a Logistics Engineer take on other responsibilities outside of this job description.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain, Logistics Management, or Industrial Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, Distribution, or Transportation Management
- Experience with inventory or transportation management systems
- Previous data analytics experience, specifically utilizing Excel (pivot tables, V-lookups, etc) or other Microsoft applications
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Solid logistics and manufacturing knowledge
- Knowledge of material handling equipment
- Thorough understanding of company policies and procedures
- Solid product knowledge
- Working understanding of the various materials systems and how they interrelate
- Strong PC Skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, & AutoCAD)
- CPS functional job role qualified
- APICS CPIM or CSCP National Certification
Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time throughout the year, with some months in excess of that.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.