Provide cost effective support to the GP Non-Current Segment Organization in Europe.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinate purchasing activities: prepare and send offers, analyses, recommendations for selection of suppliers, updates of purchasing systems, treat price issues.
* Be a key actor onto the new defined "European Non-Current Segment Strategy" definition and implementation.
* Contribute to cost saving activities (price negotiations, resourcing,…).
* Assist in training and supporting suppliers : explain Caterpillar rules and requirements and control follow up of procedures.
* Prepare future purchasing projects, gather data, evaluate and make recommendations.
* Maintain contacts with Materials Control and intervene if necessary for timely delivery.
* Maintain contacts with other Purchasing teams (Site Purchasing, Manufacturing facilities) to coordinate programs and strategies.
* Coordinate communication between suppliers and other Caterpillar divisions (Materials Control, Quality Control, Engineering, Accounting) and offer support if needed.
* Visit suppliers and other facilities.
* In-depth knowledge of supply chain principles and purchasing practices
* A good knowledge of computer systems, analytical skills, negotiation and technical skills
* A good knowledge of Dutch, French and English
* Preferably a degree in Industrial Engineering, Commercial Engineering or Applied Economics
* Knowledge of Caterpillar purchasing systems
* Knowledge of German
* Good communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.