The Services, Distribution & Digital
CFO Coordinator is seeking a Senior Accounting Manager in the Deerfield
expertise on complex business, financial or managerial issues within a segment
environment. Additionally, this position
and understand impact and have a broader perspective on specific accounting issues. This requires a comprehensive understanding
of Caterpillar’s business accounting issues and full support
of the leadership team.
as a teacher on accounting issues to business unit accountants as well as
- Participate in the development and support of business
and/or direct teams within or outside of discipline addressing complex problems.
full responsibility for outcomes.
Accounting Managers are knowledgeable on a variety of accounting functions but
generally have specialized areas of responsibility at this level. Candidate can accomplish complex and/or
technical analysis, but generally utilizes data gathered by others to render an
accounting opinion or business decision.
Candidate will provide advice/recommendations to segment managers, business
unit managers and leaders, often working on tactical and strategic business issues.
Specific areas of responsibility could
include but are not limited to:
- Managing a team of management staff
and reporting on staff performance, participating in employee selection,
providing career guidance and training direction, complying with personnel
practices, and promoting team awards and successes).
- Coordinating RBM and Annual Business
Planning for the segment.
- Coordinating segment board reporting.
- Financial accounting including
consolidation, analysis and communication of segment results / explanations.
- Communication and explanation of results
to CFO & Group President.
- Liaison between Corporate Accounting
and the division business resource teams.
- Liaison between segment CFO groups and
the division business resource teams.
- Assist with OIAs and strategic imperatives.
- Position requires a 4-year degree, preferably in accounting plus proven record of success at entry or lower levels. Non-accounting degree requires minimum of 18 hours of college level accounting or approved accounting certification.
- 7-10 years of accounting experience is recommended.
TOP CANDIDATES WILL ALSO HAVE:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Caterpillar business and products.
- Business Unit experience with financial analysis and forecasting.
- Strong background in accounting, including past roles requiring financial analysis and forecasting experience
- Experience with consolidations at either the corporate or business unit level.
- Strong analytical, process improvement and problem-solving skills.
- Professional certifications (CPA or CMA).
- Must demonstrate high levels of initiative, leadership, good judgment, the ability to communicate effectively, a broad understanding of accounting business processes and process improvement.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers