Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Date Posted: May 20, 2020
Job Purpose: Responsible to work with the supply base to improve Supplier Shipping Performance, reducing Past Dues and achieve/exceed parts availability targets. Responsible to manage suppliers from a supplier development and collaboration perspective, specifically focused suppliers on Asia Pacific/EAME region
Responsibilities: The incumbent will be responsible to work with the supply base to improve Supplier Shipping Performance, reducing Past Dues and achieve/exceed Aftermarket Parts Supplier Performance Standards. Responsible to manage suppliers from a supplier development and collaboration perspective, specifically focused suppliers on Asia Pacific/EAME region. This position reports to Supply Chain Services Manager, as do other staffs jobs in functional and technical areas. In this position, the incumbent should gain an understanding of Cat Parts network and become increasingly familiar with the Cat Parts supply chain, systems and methodologies.
The incumbent is basically project oriented with projects being assigned by the Supervisor or Team Leader. The incumbent is expected to work on multiple projects and eventually becomes the expert on assigned project. In performing this function, frequent contact may be made with cross functional teams like Inventory Management, Operations, IT, Transportation, etc. Most projects will require the incumbent to work in a team environment with members from different groups.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years’ experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, Inventory Management/procurement.
· Excellent analytical/problem solving abilities and understanding of inbound activities and systems.
· Must possess excellent communication skills and expertise in handling MS office tools.
· Strong customer focus, very good planning, organizing, interpersonal and coordination skills.
· Experience in managing supplier communications / issues will be an added advantage.
· Excellence in verbal and written communications and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
· Broad working knowledge of the Caterpillar Parts distribution network, prior logistics/procurement experience especially in material availability and Cat Systems
· Understanding of Inventory Management concepts.
· Certified 6 Sigma Green Belt