Location: Beijing, 11, China
Date Posted: May 19, 2020
· This is a digital service level management position responsible to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of contracted information technology services (vendor) for which the incumbent has clear ownership and daily accountability. The incumbent provides guidance and results review through standards of measurements to ensure customer quality needs are met and programs are effectively implemented and maintained. Meanwhile, to identify the services gap proactively and bring the continuous improvement proposal and implement with the services providers.
· This position responsible to provide some technical admin work, and work with relevant Cat internal team & outside services team to trouble shoot some key issues of system and work the improvement plan.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
· Accountable for one or more contractual conformance processes.
· Scope of work may be global, regional, or isolated across digital functions
This position manages the Caterpillar accountabilities within the service delivery of one or more digital supplier/vendor contract(s) working with vendor counterparts and applicable Caterpillar organizations. Typically aligned to the accountable digital Product or Service Owner, the incumbent participates in the global delivery team with focus on providing consistent enterprise service.
This position engages in customer and stakeholder relationships to advise and consult on expectations, requirements, and problems related to the scoped services, oversees customer satisfaction feedback and follow-up for the services in scope. This position accepts daily issues and escalations from Caterpillar internal business partners and service owners with responsibility to ensure agreed levels of timely resolution and fulfillment are met. Anticipates and identifies emerging risks or issues advising accountable digital Product or Service Owner(s) accordingly with reliable, timely, and complete information while recommending strategies to mitigate and minimize impacts to digital operations.
Through the digital business relationship facing organization, may engage with business partners and facilities to address issues and possible new business demand. Oversees the planning, implementation, control, review and audit of service provision to meet customer business requirements. This includes participation in pre negotiation planning, implementation and monitoring of service level agreements, and the ongoing management of operational aspects to provide the agreed levels of service.
This position coordinates regional/global quality and reporting activity for optimal service delivery ensuring Cat Digital is a consistent information solution provider to the business partners. Seeking continually and proactively to improve service delivery and sustainability targets for continuous improvements in partnership with the Digital supplier(s) and Caterpillar internal teams. Monitors service level agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and depending upon scope of work may partner with service delivery analysts to ensure task completion. Works with supplier relationship team on vendor reporting and tools processes to understand metrics and trends. Participates in various update and governance meetings. Accountable to communicate metrics and performance reports to the business and digital organization via defined channels. This role also monitors to ensure the scope of services achieve and maintain compliance to, national and international standards, as appropriate, and to internal policies, including those relating to sustainability, security, SOX, and digital Internal Controls.
This position develops and manages the expense budget for the contracted services represented within accountability inclusive of volume forecasting related to the scoped service(s). In support of the digital Product or Service Owner, responsibilities include directing all employees aligned to the scope of services managing the performance and development of team members, including coaching, disciplinary action, and recognition.
Liaise between other digital service level managers, digital operations, and business units to have an understanding of their operations while anticipating process partner needs with high priority to Caterpillar business partner satisfaction and service. Develops collaborative relationships and provides expertise, technical guidance to service level analysts. Where applicable to the engagement, coordinates and manages awareness programs and services to minimize the effects of business disruptions in a cost-effective manner.
In support of regional or other models of program execution, this position operates in a highly matrixed environment with diverse freedom to act, manages cross-regional contracted services, and exhibits a high degree of influence to gain support and ensure supplier performance. This position briefs digital Product or Service owners on status of issues affecting operations, provides leadership direction to the management, and integrates into the business units. An understanding and application of digital service level management in different cultures, working across different countries, and experience in an international environment is preferred.
The position manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others. Based on past experiences and knowledge, the incumbent normally works independently with minimal management input and review of end results.
This position is expected to Install WCS, IIB, OMS, MQ on his own local environment, and work with Admin team to mange all upgrade of WCS, IIB, OMS, MQ. /fix packs, libraries etc. from lower environment to higher environment after approvals received by management.
This position is expected to take lead all ITSM control rules to and identify proper actions ensuring fully compliance of the project.
This position is expected to support business operation and marketing team on daily basis to manage their business from system perspective. Including but not limit to provide some business data required and quickly work with relevant team to fix some urgent production issues.
· Requires bachelor to master’s degree in information technology, computer science or a relevant degree, technical certification, or equivalent experience.
· Experience in leading teams in large enterprise services support organizations. Or prior experience working with IT / Digital vendors (helpdesk team) is required.
· Practical digital service level management experience. The position requires company knowledge in order to support the Cat Digital organization.
· 8+ years in development / support work related to systems or infrastructure work.
· Prior experience in supplier selection process, defining statements of work, working with 3rd party software or services in one or more areas of digital required.
· Good human relation skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside departments.
· Working language by both Chinese and English.
· Experience with IBM Commerce is preferred.