Location: Chennai, TN, India
Date Posted: May 13, 2020
The Technical Information Solutions (TIS) team, within the Global Service Department of Americas Distribution Service & Marketing (ADSM), creates and delivers technical parts and service information critical for the repair and service of Caterpillar products. Not a part gets sold, nor a machine or engine repaired, without the use of the information created, managed, and delivered by this global team.
As a Parts Information
Coordinator you will review New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineering Change
Notices (ECN) for accuracy and completeness of information, expedite
engineering releases and change information, correct discrepancies, identify
affected parts information elements, create/revise parts information elements and
graphics or prepare an electronic folder for action by Parts Authors and
Duties/Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
* You will be responsible for proactively gathering NPI ECNs using the ECN lister for assigned new models from worldwide sources. Must also determine the accuracy and completeness of information, correct discrepancies such as missing effectivity information, decide which ECNs affect parts information and identify which parts information elements needed to be revised or created. Tasks must be performed with proper timing to assure information availability to dealers and customers at first ship date.
* Based on task complexity, you will prepare and compile parts information, creating or revising parts information elements or prepare electronic folders for Part Authors or Illustrators to create or revise parts information elements. Provide assistance to Parts Authors and Illustrator if required.
* This position will also review discrepancy requests from dealers and customers worldwide. Determines corrections needed using a variety of corporate systems including Engineering Data System, Engineering Job Records, etc. Initiates necessary corrections in the proper information element and notifies other corporate areas affected by the discrepancies.
* This position is the acknowledged expert in the department and frequently provides technical support on complex issues to internal and external customers.
* Limited travel required (Less than 5% of working time).
* A minimum of two years of Parts Authoring experience.
* Hands-on experience in Parts Coordination.
* Knowledge of Caterpillar product structure and organization of Caterpillar parts information.
* Extensive knowledge of engineering and parts information databases; the ability to read and understand engineering documents and blueprints
* A high degree of accountability and initiative
* Understanding of graphics
* Candidates must possess the strong communication skills.
* High degree of accountability, initiative, planning and organization skills, with the ability to multi-task.
* Strong interpersonal skills to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.