Caterpillar is looking for a cloud architect interested in assisting our build out and adoption of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Providing leadership and best practices on AWS solution architecture, following the Well-Architected Framework;
• Providing cloud technology leadership, guidance, and expertise to other team members;
• Providing consultation on best practices for teams starting their cloud journey;
• Working directly on complex technical problem identification and resolution;
• Working independently on complex, globally distributed cloud technology components that may be used by one or more applications or systems;
• Deploying or integrating cloud technologies based on requirements gathered from customers;
• Performing implementation and integration tasks for medium to large, complex in-house developed systems and/or purchased software solutions;
• Assisting customers with documentation, training and usability efforts.
1. 5+ years in enterprise-scale infrastructure operations, with special emphasis in areas of networking, analytics platforms, or security
2. 5+ years of server administration with advanced knowledge Linux server environments
3. 3+ years experience developing automated solutions to deploy infrastructure or applications (PowerShell, Python, JSON or YAML)
1. Experience working in an Agile methodology
2. Experience working with CI/CD pipelines, specifically Azure DevOps (Microsoft VSTS).
3. AWS Associate-level certification
4. Proven ability to troubleshoot infrastructure and/or application connectivity issues across a complex global network
5. Experience developing architectural designs, processes and procedures.
6. Exposure to architectures containing emerging IoT, AI/ML, or Big Data technologies.
7. Professional or Specialty AWS Certification (external candidates)
Travel will be expected up to 25% of the time for the architect resources on key projects. Initial training will be a program increment (10 weeks) in East Peoria, IL. If remote, travel to East Peoria, IL will be required as needed. This resource will need to be onsite regularly to build and maintain close working relationship with existing architects and engineers on the AWS Platform Services and Cat Digital teams.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.