At Caterpillar, we're working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Sr Analytics Project Team Leader in Morton, IL.
Product Support and Logistics Division
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
And we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
As a Sr Analytics Project leader you will:
- Use knowledge of analytical methods and business acumen to guide cross-functional teams in the chartering and execution of analytics projects; Manage 3-4 projects concurrently.
- Demonstrate expertise in programming and use of Microsoft Power Bi for advanced visualization of complex data sets to allow for ease of understand and decision making for senior management
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Caterpillar Inc. and its products and services; its internal systems, processes, and procedures; and its relevant external influences (competitors, laws and regulations, market conditions, etc.) to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Serve as the principal communicator with clients and internal stakeholders regarding project status.
- Lead and manage large and complex cross functional projects within the portfolio
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of analytical approaches/techniques and the ability to handle the most complex project issues, the incumbent demonstrates very good communication skills, exceptional planning and organization capabilities, and can explain conclusions to customers who have limited knowledge and experience with quantitative analytical methods.
- The principal responsibility of a Sr. Analytics Project Leader is to use their Leadership and Planning/Organizing abilities and experience to lead the highest value and most complex projects in the portfolio.
- Analytics Project Leaders will also lead development of a project charter, team and stakeholder communications, and the overall project plan and budget (as required).
- Acts as spokesperson for the team in meetings with multiple levels of management and with the customer.
- Develop strong internal networks to enable them to obtain resources and cooperation needed and remove roadblocks so that they can insure the success of their project team.
- Bears primary responsibility for meeting customer expectations for the projects they are leading.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 5 + years of job related experience
- Advanced knowledge and skillset in industry standard data visualization (Microsoft Power Bi) and statistics packages - with ability to demonstrate
- Advanced knowledge of industry standard programming skillsets (SAS, python, etc) – with ability to demonstrate
- Must demonstrate strengths in leadership, initiative, delegation, judgment, planning and organizing, and the ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels of Management as well as with team members.
- Proven ability lead teams utilizing 6 sigma and project management methodology, and should exhibit above average initiative, the ability to delegate tasks, and demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
This position does offer relocation.
This position requires 10% or less travel.
This posting will close on May 21, 2020 at 11:59 pm CST.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.