At Caterpillar, we're working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Program Consultant in Morton, IL.
Product Support and Logistics Division
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
And we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
As the Program Consultant you will lead, facilitate, consult, and serve as an SME in the area of Aftermarket Parts with broad responsibility for helping drive processes to protect the parts business requirements. The processes need to help the Enterprise (i.e. the MBD, EBDs, etc.) work efficiently. The processes need to contribute to maximize seeding and growing the market with the parts opportunities to harvest later. New and existing processes need to be implemented or improved with metrics to support key imperatives and strategy development to achieve the company’s long-term global leadership in parts revenue and POPS-C. The incumbent works with all levels of management to identify and implement continuous improvement processes with measurable value to the Enterprise.
- This position is recognized as a SME in project management, facilitation, and change management in the area of aftermarket parts processes in Product Development for Machines, Engines and Components.
- The incumbent has sufficient knowledge, recognition and expertise to positively influence and educate all levels responsible and affected by the enhanced processes prior to product launch and through the life cycle.
- The incumbent manages complex global cross-divisional projects to maximize the harvest opportunity to keep customers in-channel through the life of the product. This position positively impacts existing processes that drive aftermarket parts or develops new processes.
- Lead and influence major initiatives to set the direction for Transformation initiatives.
- This position has experience in providing direction for future transformation needs to demonstrate skills at sharing expertise with business partners.
- Decisions or recommendations resulting from the projects managed by the incumbent have significant impact to Parts Lifecycle Management, OPACC-C growth, etc across MBDs and EBDs.
- The incumbent will be responsible to gather data, conduct interviews and provide straw models to be worked and optimized by the team members.
- The incumbent may serve as a company-wide resource on a highly specialized area or serve multiple units in a broader functional area and assist senior management in interpreting and using information provided.
- This position will research appropriate data resources for compilation and interpretation through development of Power Bi visualizations & dashboards.
- The position is challenged to carefully evaluate problems and review a large number of possible solutions before selecting one option.
- Problems may be complex and can require the incumbent to develop solutions.
- The incumbent is free to determine the best way to complete job assignments in order to achieve desired results.
- Work is reviewed after completion, except in the most complex or high impact situations. Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Timeliness, Accuracy, Efficiency, Cost Savings, Process Quality, etc.
- The position works to develop innovative processes or methods to best use resources or technology in meeting the quality goals.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 5 + years of job related experience
- Extensive knowledge of company products/applications, supply chain, distribution, parts, NPI, CPI, logistics & manufacturing systems and/or dealer operations.
- Extensive knowledge in strategy development and business acumen
- Ability to demonstrate previous project management, 6 Sigma, and Microsoft Power Bi development skills and outputs
Top candidates will also have:
- Strong leadership skills to work with people from many different backgrounds, cultures and levels within the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop a collaborative/cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the business unit
- Strong communication and Change Management skills
- Self-starter with excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills allowing for 2-4 complex projects to be managed at a time
This position does offer relocation.
This position requires 10% or less travel.
This posting will close on May 18, 2020 at 11:59 pm CST.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.