Location: Brooklyn Park, MN, United States
Date Posted: May 21, 2020
The purpose of this position is to safely maintain, repair and install equipment which are part of the buildings, material handling and grounds.
1. Responsible for putting safety first with a goal to prevent all injuries, occupational illnesses and safety incidents.
2. Perform breakdown maintenance on production equipment. Including but not limited to hoists, cranes, paint booths, painting equipment, welders, manipulators, and metal working equipment.
3. Perform maintenance on all building systems.
4. Perform simple and complex preventative maintenance on production and building equipment/systems at multiple facilities (i.e. heating, ventilation, plumbing, etc.).
5. Coordinate and prioritize work to meet production schedules.
6. Daily prioritize and confirm work orders using electronic maintenance system.
7. Document, communicate and correct maintenance issues identified during breakdowns and PM activities.
8. Operate equipment including forklift, man lift, maintenance truck, snow plow truck, etc.
9. Perform other maintenance including snow removal, plumbing, welding, etc.
10. Work and interact effectively in a team environment in alignment with our code of conduct and values in action.
11. Support team People, Quality, Velocity and Cost (PQVC) initiatives and daily activities.
12. May work various shift and workday schedules to meet customer and team needs
13. Work with limited supervision
· Two year Technical degree in HVAC, building maintenance, fluid power or any industrial maintenance equivalent program OR 3 years’ experience in electrical and mechanical maintenance function.
· Experience in troubleshooting, diagnostics, repair and preventative building and production equipment maintenance.
· Experience with reading and utilizing multi meters, line voltage up to 480V three phase and basic electrical troubleshooting.
· Experience in repair and preventative building and production equipment maintenance, including concrete work, carpentry, plumbing, roof repair, yard and parking lot maintenance, painting, snow removal, etc.
· Operate hand tools, lathe, drill press, air tools, sweeper, forklifts, and drivable man-lifts
· Ability to perform welding, pipe fitting, and electrical duties
· Ability to utilize computers for maintenance transactions
· Crane equipment experience
· Previous exposure in a team environment
· Ability to read electrical and hydraulic prints
· Previous experience operating equipment including forklift, man lift, snow plow truck
1. Operate equipment including forklift, man lift, maintenance truck, snow plow truck
2. Noise levels of 85db or greater
3. Operate overhead cranes, jib cranes and hoists
4. Lift up to 35lbs frequently
5. Work at multiple heights
6. Climb on equipment, machines, ladders, man lifts and various step stools
7. Stand for a minimum of 8 hour shifts with minimal breaks
8. Work various shifts and workday schedules including nights and weekends
9. Work in environment with frequently changing temperatures and all weather conditions
10. Exposure to magnets that may impact medical devices
11. Kneel, squat, and crawl on knees
12. Work in awkward positions, including forward reach, lateral reach, squat, overhead reaching, twisting and forward head and rotation of neck.
13. Work in tight spaces
14. Repetitive grasping, pushing, pulling rotating
15. Use of fine motor skills
16. Use of maintenance hand tools
17. Required Personal Protective Equipment: hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toed/metatarsal foot gear, and protective clothing and equipment including shock resistant gloves, fall restraint harnesses, jackets, chaps, helmet, grinding shield, etc.