As an experienced Manufacturing Engineer at Caterpillar, you will have an opportunity to provide the technical expertise necessary to design, develop, and implement manufacturing systems, complex manufacturing operations and sophisticated machines.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Developing, analyzing and managing Manufacturing/ Assembly Projects.
* Assisting in developing department capital and expense budgets.
* Maintaining the department capital forecast.
* Administering the assembly New Product Introduction (NPI) process to ensure that Engineering drawings are released and processed on time for NPI build.
* Training new processors and developing training programs for Processors and Assemblers.
* Engaging in creative problem solving to address operational issues including: ergonomic/ safety, efficiency improvements, process bottlenecks, quality concerns.
* Working with internal and external suppliers to develop and manage projects to ensure efficient and cost effective systems and processes to produce quality products.
* Providing the application, procurement, processing, installation and capability of new heat treat, welding, and / or chemical processes and equipment.
* Designing, developing and implementing the integration of manufacturing systems including factory control software, scheduling techniques, simulation and systems application.
* Coordinating, planning, monitoring and reporting the activities associated with the flow analysis, design, financial modeling and implementation of complex manufacturing group technology cells in an assigned area.
* Providing manufacturing technical support in process control and internal certification.
* Coordinating the corporate manufacturing and office space utilization and assisting in preparation of
business proposals for rearrangements or additions or complete new facilities that are being proposed to ensure proper utilization of space.
* Coordinating the purchase and application of machine tools, controls and related equipment corporate
wide to ensure the latest technology is being used to increase efficiency and economy of operations.
* Designing complex or intricate jigs and fixtures.
* University or technical degree in a manufacturing engineering-related discipline (or equivalent)
* 2 years of work-related experience
* Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.
* Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.