Location: Shanghai, 31, China
Date Posted: Mar 25, 2020
As a Supply Chain Performance Engineer with
Caterpillar Parts Distribution, you will have an opportunity to develop and
implement the most efficient parts incoming supply chain with lowest TCO, and
highest OPACC impact, which involves close collaboration between the supply
base and Caterpillar’s Global parts distribution network.
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Acting as a project
leader to drive the critical parts regional sourcing projects.
* Defining and implementing supply chain flow for emerging source of parts supply in Asia Pacific.
* Defining and implementing parts incoming strategies to support order fulfillment throughout the entire supply chain to create more value with less waste.
* Collaborating with
product groups to align the aftermarket parts sourcing strategy.
* Educating internal and external parts supply base on the global parts demand.
* Identifying and eliminating the parts incoming supply chain waste.
* Strong knowledge of most of the following: purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, manufacturing operations and traffic systems.
* Working knowledge of company products and good analytical skills.
* Six to eight years of progressively responsible job-related experience.
* Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.
* A degree in business, engineering, logistics, and Information System experience