JOB TITLE: Toolmaker LABOR GRADE: 11
DEPARTMENT: Tool Room - 150 LOCATION: Menominee
JOB SUMMARY: Plan operation sequences and machining methods according to blueprint specifications and verbal instructions to set up, adjust and operate all tool room and tool crib equipment to construct, alter and repair dies and tooling, fixtures, gauges and gauge components, machine attachments, pilot models, etc. Ensure the maximum up time of production activities, minimizing labor and tooling costs, and meeting company quality standards. Proceeds on work assignments with a minimum of supervision.
- Fabricate or repair fixtures and tooling components.
- Layout work, plan machining and bench procedures, locate and select the proper materials for all job activity and cut to size.
- Coordinate special projects and activities with Engineering.
- Operate and maintain all tool room equipment, according to proper operating and preventive maintenance procedures to include CNC programming other computer operated machinery.
- Train apprentices and other Tool room personnel as directed.
- Sharpen, fabricate and/or grind tooling as needed.
- Complete and maintain all required records, files, documentation, etc. associated with the job.
- Offer suggestions for improving processes, safety or work environment.
- Work safely at ALL times and comply with safety regulations regarding the use of protective equipment and devices.
- Keep work area, tools and equipment neat, clean and orderly.
- Anticipate perishable tool requirements for production and maintain adequate supply to minimize production delay.
12. Communicate daily with tooling personnel from other shifts and Manager as at to the condition of the machine and/or parts, within your responsibility.
- Perform other miscellaneous job duties and related functions as directed by immediate supervisor or other designated person.
- Must perform as a team member with the willingness and attitude to work with others to resolve problems. Must also maintain a good working relationship with others within the organization.
* Toolroom Journeyman's card
* Proficient in advanced shop mathematics
* Ability to read blueprints and use precision measuring instruments
* Basic knowledge and/or experience in tool making, tool grinding and/or machining
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Previous job-related experience
* Good teamwork and communication skills
* Ability to plan and perform unusual and difficult work with limited direction
Position: 1st Shift
Hours: 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM