This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peterborough, CAM, United Kingdom
Date Posted: Apr 2, 2020
Job Title: EAME Sales Director
Salary: £99,885 - £110,000 (Depending on Experience)
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
25 days annual leave,
Up to 33% bonus
Car Allowance of £785pcm
Contributory pension scheme - Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme - Caterpillar will matched 50% of the employee's contribution
Domestic Relocation support
We will not be able to provide sponsorship or VISA support
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment, help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
Industrial Power Systems (IPSD), a division of Caterpillar with a customer base that spans the globe, has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced and engaging Sales Director
Within this role you will lead all IPSD’s direct customer sales across our portfolio of Electric Power OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers), Perkins distributor and CAT dealer engine sales, and the administration of dealer programmes, warranty, prime product sales, part sales and service training, within our EAME region.
As a key member of the IPSD Sales, Marketing, Service and Parts (SMSP) Leadership team, you will cultivate and develop collaborative relationships across the wider business and customer groups. Providing leadership and strategic direction to a team of 4 Sales Managers, you will be accountable for the achievement of sales targets, customer engagement, and profitable growth targets.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Lead and provide strategic direction to a team of sales managers, Providing direction, focus, motivation, and encouragement for the team.
• Be an industry leader for our business within the EAME region, and for the EP (Electric Power) sector
• Integrate diverse functions with inherently conflicting priorities and develop strategic initiatives.
• Understand and be current on customer/dealer markets and administer appropriate dealer programs to support and develop product sales, dealer effectiveness, overall segment growth, NPI process, process improvement, warranty policy, etc.
• Apply product and industry knowledge in support of Caterpillar and Perkins, dealer and customer expectations and be responsible for long-term strategic planning within a 1-3-year horizon.
• Interact with OEMs, Channel Partners, industry experts, industry associations and dealer associations and utlise effective relationship development and communication skills.
• Regularly call on the Dealer Principal and the General Manager to influence their investment initiatives, which support Caterpillar’s strategic initiatives.
• Viewed, by the Dealer Principal, as the singular authority on the broader business.
• Understand complex commercial issues, which can affect the business, such as local political situations, business and economic conditions and relate this back to the appropriate areas of Caterpillar for action.
• Challenge complex issues or problems, which require careful analysis and diagnosis. Problems are often unique, and solutions can require original approaches.
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Significant experience of Customer Direct and Dealer Sales and a thorough knowledge of industrial engine products and product applications, merchandising programs, and/or warranty practices and procedures
• Established negotiator with string commercial acumen skills
• Proven ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders, acting with integrity in tough and emotive situations.
• Expert communicator; proficient in building collaborative and trusted partnerships to work across a complex internal matrix organization and external OEMs, customers, distributors and dealers.
• Established leader; committed to inspire and develop others
• Proven ability to direct multi-functional strategies
Skills and Experience:Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:• Significant experience of Customer Direct and Dealer Sales and a thorough knowledge of industrial engine products and product applications, merchandising programs, and/or warranty practices and procedures• Established negotiator with string commercial acumen skills• Proven ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders, acting with integrity in tough and emotive situations.• Expert communicator; proficient in building collaborative and trusted partnerships to work across a complex internal matrix organization and external OEMs, customers, distributors and dealers.• Established leader; committed to inspire and develop others• Proven ability to direct multi-functional strategiesCandidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:• Capable direction of multi-segment activities, including the EP sector• Familiarity with company products and processes• Global experienceNB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.