As a Product Support Operations Rep at Caterpillar, you will contribute to the Caterpillar and dealer business plan. You will increase service profitability, effective service capability and efficiency. You will contribute to dealer service product growth and enhance customer satisfaction. This is a second level service operations focused field-based assignment and will work with larger dealers and complex issues.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Be an expert in process improvement methodologies to improve dealer profitability.
* Liaise among dealers, customers and other Caterpillar personnel.
* Identify, analyze and resolve service needs and problems.
* Perform complex analysis work; identify and resolve strategic problems.
* Develop and meet expectations; deliver results, identify and recommend alternative courses of actions, make timely decisions.
* Demonstrate skill in negotiation, build consensus and achieve compromise.
* Advise dealers on information systems; identify and communicate value and shortcomings of systems to Caterpillar and other dealers.
* Assist dealers in business planning; counsel dealers and recommend changes to facilities, tooling, systems and effectiveness.
* Counsel dealers to develop increased human performance capability (i.e. assess, identify and implement performance gap solutions).
* Advise on existing and potential customer service issues and improvement measures; analyze and report on commercial impact of product problems.
* Consult with dealers on process improvement methods.
* Assist with process evaluation and dealer participation in Caterpillar improvement programs.
* Develop required proficiency level in the specified foundation competencies and skills.
* Understand and keep current on customer/dealer market and needs; understand how and why decisions are made within the work group and organization.
* Apply decisions to support and develop product sales, dealer effectiveness, overall segment growth, NPI process, process improvement, warranty policy.
* Apply knowledge of products, technology, industry, and product support, to support Caterpillar, dealer and customer expectations and needs and contribute to strategic planning.
* Provide direction to less experienced personnel.
* Direct development and continual learning through experience, stay abreast of industry and technology changes and relate those changes to Caterpillar, dealer and customer needs.
* A college or university degree or equivalent experience.
*Project management experience
*6-8 years prior experience in dealer and customer facing business
*Demonstrated capabilities in process development and commercial
* Able to work independently, to communicate effectively and to influence others in the work group, dealer personnel and customers.
* Able to work on larger scale, more complex assignments and provide direction to lower level reps on project assignments.
*Experience in customer and dealer negotiations
*Experience in hydraulics and repair & rebuilds
*10-15 years experience working with dealers, customers, or within
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.