Since 1925, Caterpillar Inc. has been helping our customers build a better world - making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. With 2019 sales and revenues of $53.8 billion, Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Services offered throughout the product life cycle, cutting-edge technology and decades of product expertise set Caterpillar apart, providing exceptional value to help our customers succeed. The company principally operates through three primary segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries, and Energy & Transportation - and provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment. For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.
This is a Supervisory position that will be responsible for managing a production schedule, technicians and overall performance of the Sumter Hydraulic Paint Line. You will be responsible for meeting Caterpillar's goals for People, Quality, Velocity and Cost that support a 24/7 operation.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Monitor and improve safety on the shop floor; eliminate any unsafe operations and ensure a safe and clean product environment.
* Determines processing needs to assure fixtures, tooling, and methods are provided to meet schedule and production requirements.
* Daily tie-in with production management to designate Paint Line work load, priorities, and sequence for work assigned.
* Determines overtime need; determines priorities when resources are insufficient, and decides when disciplinary action is necessary.
* Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency. Works to improve processes, timeliness, and reduce costs by eliminating non-value added activities.
* Ensures the quality of product produced and conforms to Caterpillars Quality Policy while maintaining cost.
* Ensure necessary parts and materials are ordered and distributed in a timely and efficient manner.
* Implement various corporate initiatives such as 5S, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, CQMS/ISO certification, etc.
* Responsible for training and development of staff, time keeping, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, and ensuring consistent application of organizational needs.
* 1 to 2 years Supervisor experience.
* Good human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
* Must be proficient with all Microsoft office products.
* Must be willing to work outside of normal work hours including overtime and alternate shifts.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* 2 to 3 years of experience supporting a Paint Line
* Strong customer focus and ability to influence
* The location for this position is at the Sumter, SC facility. Remote work is not offered for this position.
* Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs will be incurred by the candidate.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.