This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Date Posted: Apr 4, 2020
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Understand mining customer buying behaviors and needs.
* Achieve Mining Technology sales targets for territory.
* Develop sales presentations, techniques and engagements with Dealers and mining customers in territory.
* Regularly monitor and report on progress and results through the use of Salesforce CRMi online tool.
* Analyze market share, product/service mix, competition, and economic trends within the territory.
* Review industry trends and outlook and apply learnings to the sales engagements in territory.
* Monitor and grow customer loyalty drivers and satisfaction.
* Execute support and sales variance within pre-established budget and guidelines for territory.
* Conduct/participate in customer/dealer training events and application support from field and dealers.
* Execute commercial programs and campaigns within territory, including the commercial aspects of technology hardware and software upgrades.
* Manage the completion of own work assignments and coordinate work with others.
* Provide input, including Voice of Customer and Voice of Dealer, to Mining Technology teams to determine industry solutions.
* Provide input to marketing strategy for Mining Technology.
* May establish trade association relationships and act as key liaison.
* Refine processes and procedures to ensure the best use of resources and technology to meet quality goals.
* Carefully evaluate problems and review a large number of possible solutions before selecting one option.
* Establish and monitor policies and guidelines for project to ensure specific, management goals are met and desired results are achieved.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
* Sound commercial and business judgment, analytical skills, leadership skills, and communication skills.
* A well-developed perspective/understanding of mining customers business needs and how they make money.
* Understanding of Caterpillar Dealer organization, competitive merchandising programs, and mining operational value drivers.
* Ability to work independently in the field in a fast-paced environment.
* Sound organizational and time-management skills.
* 7 to 12 years of previous commercial, marketing, operational technology, information technology or mining customer experience.
* Willingness to travel approximately 50% of the time.
* A college or university degree in marketing, business, finance, information systems or engineering or equivalent experience.
*Previous experience working with Caterpillar Technologies, either within the product group or as a dealer or customer.
*Previous experience working in mining or having a mining engineer degree.