This job posting is no longer active.
Location: West Fargo, ND, United States
Date Posted: Apr 6, 2020
Caterpillar takes a system view of the life of our products. We design and manufacture them for multiple lives, our dealers support and service them to maximize their value to the customer, and we remanufacture them at the end of their serviceable life to deliver the next generation of value. Our industry leading engineering and manufacturing expertise, large field population and world class dealer organization make this possible. This total life cycle approach allows us to provide sustainable solutions that help our customers build a better world.
Caterpillar Oil, Gas &
Marine Division currently has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer position
supporting Remanufactured Drivetrain products located in the West Fargo, ND facility. Caterpillar’s Manufacturing Engineer position works both independently and as part of a team to maintain and improve processes and/or systems used in manufacturing. In addition, Manufacturing
Engineers function as a specialist and subject matter expert for technical
planning throughout a manufacturing facility.
You will build your professional network, engage with peers and receive
guidance from mentors.
This position will focus on assembly and disassembly process management for our remanufactured drivetrain products. In this role, you will also deepen your knowledge base of Caterpillar’s products, technologies, processes, services and systems.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
* Analyze requirements and make recommendations
for facility systems, processes, training, equipment needs, and engineering
* Complete both specialized and broad-based assignments / projects which may require collaboration and integration with other functions
* Evaluate projects and prepare feasibility studies to define desired results, assess value proposition and determine project plans
* Create operation specifications and
supporting manufacturing documents such as standard operation procedures and
work instructions, machine setup drawings, tool specification sheets, and
production cycle time and rate process sheets.
* Analyze, provide specifications, and perform acquisition for new or replacement machine test equipment
* Perform capital forecasting correlation and reporting as it relates to new product introduction, product capacity increases, machine replacement and process continuous improvement
* Perform process improvement activities to reduce material and assembly costs
* Communicate highly complex, technical information to non-technical personnel to ensure the successful identification of root cause and corrective actions.
* Provide rapid resolution of production and facility issues through technical support
* Develop and maintain Caterpillar
standard manufacturing processes to safely and efficiently assemble and test
* Facility implementation support for engineering changes, process changes and capacity changes for assembly test area’s
*Collaborate and actively participate with
product group engineers, New Product Introduction Engineers and Quality to
provide world-class assembly processes and documentation
* Participate in creative problem solving and root cause analysis to address operational issues including ergonomic/safety risks, quality concerns, efficiency and cost savings improvements, and process bottlenecks.
* Design and/or give specifications for complex work holding, jigs, and fixtures in both assembly and test areas.
* Support the New Product Introduction (NPI) process to ensure that manufacturing processes and documentation are released and processed on time for NPI build
Prior experience working in a drivetrain related manufacturing environment
Demonstrated complex project implementation involving process modifications, tooling/fixture design , change management plan and process ownership
Demonstrated understanding of Caterpillar Manufacturing Practices related to general assembly, torque and end of line testing
Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers
SAP, Pinpoint, product testing (VMC), AutoCad/ProE experienceKnowledge of APQP principals
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities,
females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Relocation assistance is offered for this position.