Since 1925, Caterpillar Inc. has been helping our customers build a better world - making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. With 2019 sales and revenues of $53.8 billion, Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Services offered throughout the product life cycle, cutting-edge technology and decades of product expertise set Caterpillar apart, providing exceptional value to help our customers succeed. The company principally operates through three primary segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries, and Energy & Transportation - and provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment. For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.
As a Design Technician, you will have the opportunity to create 3D models, assist engineers in troubleshooting design, teach others in the use of design tools and systems, ensure engineering release and change documentation conforms to established engineering practices and maintain Engineering Services data.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* 3D modeling
* Assist engineers in troubleshooting design
* Teach others in the use of design tools and systems
* Ensure engineering release and change documentation conforms to established engineering practices and maintains Engineering Services data in corporate Engineering Data Systems
* Interface with internal and external customers and suppliers
* Identify, create, develop or manage – regulation and standard management or technical data
* Technical associates degree (or equivalent) or equivalent work experience
* Experience with application of technical practices
* Knowledge of computer modeling tools
*Strong communication skills
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* In-depth knowledge of Caterpillar's engineering drawing practices or procedures
* The location for this position is at the Rapid City, SD facility. Remote work is not offered for this position
* Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs will be incurred by the candidate.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.