Since 1925, Caterpillar Inc. has been helping our customers build a better world - making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. With 2019 sales and revenues of $53.8 billion, Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Services offered throughout the product life cycle, cutting-edge technology and decades of product expertise set Caterpillar apart, providing exceptional value to help our customers succeed. The company principally operates through three primary segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries, and Energy & Transportation - and provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment. For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
The paint manufacturing engineer will be responsible for the paint line process management. This includes, but is not limited to the following items:
* Entire process documentation: Standard work, PFMEA, SFMEA, control plan, and any applicable industry standards
* Tooling management
* Paint recipe development
* Loading and unloading procedures
* Masking and demasking procedures
* Paint system process step optimization
This individual will also be involved with all safety, quality, velocity and cost based issues that originate with the paint line. They will be the primary contact for any technical issue involving the paint line.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
* 1 to 3 years paint system engineering experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Ability to quickly root cause system issues
* Ability to stay up to date on new technologies and how they may be integrated into the system
* Prior experience in large organization paint expectations and management
* Proven track record of constraint improvements
* Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering, industrial engineering, or chemistry
* The location for this position is at the Sumter, SC facility. Remote work is not offered for this position.
* Relocation assistance is available for this position.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.