Location: Decatur, IL, United States
Date Posted: Mar 31, 2020
Description - External
As a Fabrication Specialist, you will set up, operate and adjust manual and/or automatic machines to perform welding operations in all positions.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Perform manual finish welding operations on plain and alloy steels in all positions
* Operate robotic welding equipment
* Follow documented procedures and standard work to perform safe and defect free operations
* Perform carbon arc cutting and gouging
* Sanding may be required to dress welds
* Use of jib and overhead crane to manually position work pieces
*This is a full-time position located at the Caterpillar manufacturing facility located in Decatur, IL and is part of Caterpillar’s Surface Mining & Technology Division.
*Welders may be placed on any shift, dependent on business needs dictate, and in some areas required to work an alternate work schedule.
*Welders start at $18.43 plus a $0.60 off shift premium if applicable. In addition, Welders become eligible for a $2/hr retention bonus after 60 days of production work. Welders will receive incremental increases for every 26 weeks of active work until the maximum rate is reached.
*Welders are eligible for immediate benefits, such as medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a matching tax-deferred savings plan.
*No relocation package is available.
Please ensure you frequently check the email account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
For 90+ years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
* One (1) to three (3) years of GMAW or FCAW welding experience
* Must be able to pass multiple welder qualification tests during the Caterpillar provided training
* Minimum of one (1) year of experience in production environment
* Ability to perform simple computer operations
* Be available to work any shift
* Ability to work overtime to support production demands
* Technical school or equal educational background in mechanical or similar discipline
* Experience using GMAW or FCAW with 0.045” or larger wire
* Experience welding ½” or greater material
Top Candidates will also possess:
* Good communication skills and strong commitment to safety and teamwork
* Ability to work well individually or in a team environment