This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Thiruvallur, TN, India
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2020
Provide purchasing support to the Grimbergen PSLD SD&D (Product Support & Logistics Division Services, Distribution and Digital) Service Parts Organization.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Be the Grimbergen facility supply contact person for +200 suppliers (+10M EUR business, +15k service parts). Coordinate procurement activities: solve purchase order related issues, provide fact-based recommendations for selection of suppliers, update purchasing system, provide ad hoc analyses.
Assist in supplier onboarding and educating; assist/
lead supplier visits.
* Maintain contacts with other Site and Category procurement teams to resolve supplier issues that require purchasing intervention (suppliers stopping deliveries, back orders, …).
* Coordinate communication between suppliers and other Caterpillar divisions (Global Parts Supply Department, Quality Control, Engineering, Accounting) and provide support if needed. This can be related to pricing, quality, payment, delivery, … issues.
* Cross discipline problem solver.
* Perform analytical (e.g. resourcing analysis) and administrative tasks (e.g. opening Purchase Orders, request Expedite Payment, treat contested Debit Notes, …).
* Contribute to PSLD Transformation Programs: highlight cost saving opportunities (price negotiations, resourcing, …) and supply chain optimizations (supplier performance, …).
* As in-depth experience & knowledge is demonstrated on management of the assigned segments, increased involvement in project work and supply chain improvement activities is to be expected.
Excellent knowledge of English and excellent communication skills, both written
* Familiar with inbound supply chain principles
* Analytical skills
Diplomacy and negotiation skills
* Intermediate to advanced computer skills
* A willingness to learn and to take on increasing responsibility
* Knowledge of other languages like French, German or Dutch is an asset
A Bachelor Degree or equivalent by experience
* Good interpersonal and collaboration skills