This job posting is no longer active.
Location: South Milwaukee, WI, United States
Date Posted: Apr 3, 2020
Mining and Technology Division is currently seeking an experienced
Manufacturing Engineer focused on CNC machining and programming at its South
Milwaukee, WI facility. In this role you will have an opportunity to provide
the technical expertise necessary to design, develop, and implement complex
manufacturing operations and sophisticated machines and related equipment.
may include, but are not limited to:
* Develop and maintain manufacturing processes to safely and efficiently machine large components used on electric rope shovel and dragline mining equipment.
* Create CNC programs to machine complex parts on machining centers up to 5 axis and support validation prove out activities.
* Create operation specifications and supporting manufacturing documents such as standard operation procedures and work instructions, machine setup drawings, tool specification sheets, and production cycle time and rate process sheets.
* Provide technical
support to production floor operations and personnel.
* Participate in creative problem solving and root cause analysis to address operational issues including: ergonomic/safety risks, quality concerns, efficiency and cost savings improvements, and process bottlenecks.
* Design and/or
specification of complex work holding, jigs, and fixtures.
* Provide technical support for manufacturing process control and compliance certifications.
* Coordinate the application and purchase of machine tools, controls, and related equipment to ensure the latest technology is being used to increase efficiency and economy of operations.
* Support the New Product Introduction (NPI) process to ensure that Engineering drawings are released and processed on time for NPI build.
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university, preferably Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering.
* In lieu of a degree, 8+ years Manufacturing Engineering related experiences.
Top Candidates will also have:
* Thorough knowledge of CNC machining operations up to 5 axis including milling, turning, drilling, tapping, boring, hobbing, and grinding.
* Demonstrated ability of offline CNC programming and machining simulation.
* Extensive experience using a CAD/CAM software package. Preferably GibbsCam, NXCam, and Vericut.
* 3D modelling experience using CAD software package. Preferably Creo/ProE or Solidworks.
* Knowledge of various machining cutting tool technologies.
* Background in gear design or gear manufacturing processes.
* Thorough knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts and principles.
* Experience using business ERP software
and systems. Preferably SAP.
* Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.
* Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers