WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Cat Oil & Gas and Marine Division currently has an exciting opportunity for a Fleet Maintenance Strategy Manager-Gas Segment located in Houston, Texas. As a Fleet Maintenance Strategy Manager - Oil & Gas Division at Caterpillar, you will fulfill customer's specific contractual commitments related to equipment maintenance, sustainability, and financial performance. Specifically, the incumbent has End to End responsibility across the assigned Key Account for executing the service contract. The position develops and implements fleet wide maintenance schedules to include preventative maintenance, top end and lower end overhauls for example. The position also has report out responsibilities to both the key account and internal stakeholders on contract performance and key performance indicators. The successful candidate is embedded at the Key Account office.
The incumbent will manage and provide matrix leadership for contract execution. This includes achieving alignment of various parties at Caterpillar, dealers, and key end-user personnel. The incumbent must have deep subject matter expertise in equipment management, related to engines, compressors, gensets and other auxiliary equipment.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Develop Fleet Wide Scheduled Planned Maintenance Program
* Develop Fleet Wide Overhaul Strategy and Schedule
* Coordinate with Key Account Schedules for Maintenance and Overhaul Programs/Activities on an as needed basis
* Develop and Generating Standard Overhaul Parts Consist
* Develop and Generate Time Requirement Guide (TRG) for Planned / Overhaul Program
* Coordinate Parts Requirements with E&T Purchasing, LPSD, and Cat Dealers
* Coordinate Logistics: Parts, Labor, Availability for Program utilizing the most effective options:
-Cat Dealer Rebuild
-Manage Developed Program:
-Time Requirement Guides
-Core, Reusability, Scrap
-Manage the effectiveness of the analytics, leveraging multiple tools.
* Use enabling software tools & systems to prioritize and analyze condition monitoring data inputs along with SOS
* Prepare standard written reports of recommendations for customers and their Caterpillar dealers on a monthly basis
* Facilitate ongoing customer meetings with Caterpillar dealers, industry groups, Corporate Accounts, and DSDs
* Build collaborative relationships & acts as a consultant with equipment management personnel
* Provide feedback to the analytics development team where improvements/enhancements are needed
* Provide feedback from dealers & customers to development and implementation team for product enhancements
* Bachelor's degree
* 7+ years of experience in product support and/or engineering in Gas Compression and/or Drilling
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* 5+ years of experience with Gas Engines.
* Strong customer service/contact experience, communication, multi-tasking, interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Ability to work in team environment and work with diverse groups of customers and business partners.
* Ability to provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to team members.
* Initiative and ability to resolve issues either individually or through appropriate team guidance.
* Working knowledge of engines, compressors, gensets, auxiliary equipment, Product Link™, VIMS, inspection process, equipment lifecycle planning, S•O•SSM Services & OSISoft Pi Systems.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/careers).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.