Now is a great time to join us! Caterpillar has recently been recognized as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes Magazine. Our team is currently looking for a talented individual to fill the role of an Industrial Electrician at our Morton Distribution Center. In this position, your role will be responsible for building, installing, and repairing electrical components used on machine tools and plant equipment. You will use your technical knowledge to troubleshoot and repair complex electrical equipment.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Electrically troubleshoot and repair complex machine tools and related equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair relay logic machines and CNC/PLC controlled machines
- Apply knowledge of electronic circuits to locate defects using instruments
- Test faulty equipment
- Calibrate and service electronic testing instruments
- Support electrical aspects of new equipment installations
This position is located at the Caterpillar distribution center located in Morton, Il. The pay for this position starts at $28.37/hr plus a $.60 night shift premium for 2nd or 3rd shift. Opportunity for overtime may be available based on demand.
- Experience maintaining electrical equipment in an industrial environment
- Experience with troubleshooting and repairing CNC/PLC controlled machines
- Experience with AC/DC analog and digital drives
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate or higher proficiency in reading and interpreting machine tool prints/schematics
- Ability to operate basic tools to complete the job
- Demonstrate comprehension of oral instructions and/or printed work orders to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs
- Satisfactorily demonstrate proficiency in electrical theory and application relating to plant operations equipment
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Must pass the color blindness test
- Must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces
Top candidates will also have:
- Electrician certification
- Self-starter and self motivated individual who works well individually in a team environment
- Willingness to work overtime to support production demands
- Minimum of 3 years experience maintaining electrical equipment in an industrial environment
- Positions available on 2nd and 3rd shift
- No relocation reimbursement is offered
- This position is located at the Caterpillar distribution center located in Morton, Il. The pay for this position starts at $28.37/hr plus a .60 cent night shift premium for 2nd or 3rd shift
- Opportunity for overtime may be available based on demand
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the spam/junk folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
- Safety is a core value at Caterpillar. We owe it to our employees and their families to work in a safe and secure workplace. All candidates for employment must successfully pass a preemployment drug screen held to the DOT standards for prohibited substances, including marijuana.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.