Location: Grimbergen, Vlaams Brabant, Belgium
Date Posted: Feb 28, 2020
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. We are a leader and proudly have the largest global presence in the industries we serve.
Our Logistics Center in Grimbergen is an indispensable link in the chain. From here we support our supply chain at every turn. Every day, thousands of spare parts leave our warehouse for dealers and customers all over the world. Our Logistics Center is an essential hub for the Middle East, Europe and Africa. We organize the transport to these regions and provide a reliable after-sales service.
Within the Global Parts Supply (GPS) team, working with suppliers is key. As GPS, we are responsible for all supplier communications and hence the vital link between the supplier and the customer. Our mission is to ensure a healthy supply chain in the Caterpillar aftermarket and avoid shortages in the network leading into customer back orders. To be successful, we have challenging goals to measure our supplier's on time ship performance. On a daily base we liaise with suppliers and drive accountability for their results, the goals are challenging yet achievable and key to guarantee superior service levels.
As a Logistics Planning Analyst, you are responsible to establish solid business relationships with a set of defined suppliers.
· Your main focus is ensuring timely and qualitative delivery into our distribution center, ensuring parts availability towards the end customer based on system generated requirements.
· You will be educating and holding suppliers responsible as to reach challenging business results.
· You understand the power of teamwork and will reach out to necessary process partners such as transportation, procurement, engineering, and join forces where needed.
· To be successful, you will need to develop and master a thorough understanding of our supply chain processes and systems.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Monitor schedules and ensure their punctual and efficient shipment with suppliers
· Monitor supplier results and drive corrective action as needed to maintain high supplier performance
· Maintain effective communication and relationships with internal divisions and external suppliers
· Evaluate and challenge supplier results in accordance to the supplier performance standard
· Analyze and correct data irregularities
· Provide thorough support on high priority back orders
· Minimum bachelor’s degree
· Strong attention to detail
· Motivated to work in a target focused area
· Analytical mindset
· Effective communication skills
o Strong written and oral skills in English are a must, French, German, Dutch are an asset
o Allowing clear communication between peers and external parties
o Strong interpersonal skills
· Self-motivated and committed