This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Date Posted: Mar 31, 2020
Data Scientist I/II is responsible for developing visualization & ETL based logistics decision support solutions and/or network, transportation or inventory models for process partners by leveraging supply chain simulation and optimization software. This position is located in Bangalore and reports to the Analytics Manager responsible for this area. A person in this role is expected to lead multiple (2 or more) complex projects or support for up to 3 projects at one time.
The job duties of a Data Scientist I/II are to support and lead projects in the domain of the visualization & SAS based ETL and/or network modeling, transportation modeling and inventory modeling. To be successful, a Data Scientist I/II must utilize technical skills as well as soft skills.
The domain and technical skills are defined in 4 key skills: Domain (logistics/inventory/transportation/network) knowledge, tool (SAS, Tableau, Power BI, Llamasoft SCG & CAST Aurora, Transportation Modeler) knowledge, data purification & analysis and building executive decks for customer review. In addition, it is expected that a Data Scientist I/II is knowledgeable about the business domain and can integrate this into the overall solution. A Data Scientist I/II is expected to be very proficient in all areas, address issues from a technical standpoint, good understanding of the domain (Logistics/network/transportation/inventory) and ability to coach/mentor junior associates to meet stakeholder expectations.
In addition to technical skills, a Data Scientist I/II needs to demonstrate intermediate to fully skilled levels of the following values-based competencies (VBCs): integrity & trust; building inclusive relationships; customer focus; problem solving; priority setting; and dealing with uncertainty.
Although the requirements above describe most of the responsibilities of the Data Scientist I/II, due to the breadth of issues that arise on projects, it is sometimes expected that a Data Scientist I/II take on other responsibilities outside of this job description.
· Bachelor degree in engineering, supply chain management, logistics or a related field.
· Require 4 - 6 years of relevant experience in supply chain ETL, Visualization and/or network optimization & simulation.
· Intermediate level knowledge of any one of the ETL Tools (SAS, SQL) or Visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI) or one of the supply chain optimization tools (Llamasoft SCG or CAST Aurora, Blue Yonder/JDA Transportation Modeler, IBM ILOG CPLEX, LogicNet)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Good analytical thinker, experience in data analysis and project management, ability to work well in team settings, attention to detail and guide/mentor junior associates
· Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time throughout the year, with some months in excess of that.
· APICS (CPIM/CSCP) certification.
· Working knowledge of R, C++.
· Master degree in Operations Research, College degree in supply chain, logistics, or industrial engineering (operation research).